Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Double Kwik no more

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Double Kwik no more

    The Barnette's sold all 58 stores this week to Fas Mart, based in Mechanicsville.

    Don't know if it has anything to do with the change, but the Coeburn-area DK's have really went downhill over the last month or so.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Double Kwik no more

    They are now becoming "FasMarts" right? I hope they import their recipe for fried chicken....like they have up in N.Va stores.
    Hot and Greasy...always a sign of a fine deli.
    Seriously, the fasmarts that have a deli that makes their fried chicked is excellent in my opinion.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Double Kwik no more

    Wendell's a much richer man. Supposedly, 63 million dollars was the final sale price. Wow.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Double Kwik no more

    Went to get my mom a lottery ticket today because she felt lucky.....they said they don't have any because of inventory and they would not be out until maybe friday. Guess mom is not feeling to lucky now lol.
    crack is whack

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Double Kwik no more

    I wonder if they will continue the tradition of splitting cases of beer into 12 packs. Then taping the hell outta them so its like trying to get your beer outta of tape safe.
    GO VOLS

  6. #6
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Double Kwik no more

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if they will continue the tradition of splitting cases of beer into 12 packs. Then taping the hell outta them so its like trying to get your beer outta of tape safe. </div></div>

    While I've never bought any beer there, I bought enough cartons of smokes over the years. I don't think I ever got a carton that hadn't been opened. They never even bothered to tape them.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Double Kwik no more

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if they will continue the tradition of splitting cases of beer into 12 packs. Then taping the hell outta them so its like trying to get your beer outta of tape safe. </div></div>

    While I've never bought any beer there, I bought enough cartons of smokes over the years. I don't think I ever got a carton that hadn't been opened. They never even bothered to tape them. </div></div>

    Eh be thankful. Trust me on this. It at times took a utility knife to get a cold one.
    GO VOLS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •